How to Manage Menopause Memory Lapses as a Business Woman
As Business Women, suffering with the “Memory Lapses” it can feel frustrating and embarrassing when trying to remember the name of someone you speak to most days. Then our internal dialogue starts with “what is happening to my memory – do I have Alzheimer’s “. When actually we are suffering with Memory Lapses.
Did you know that up to 60% of women are impacted by Memory Lapses as their hormones decline and fluctuate…
The impact of Memory Lapses, in addition to the other 39 changes can be particularly challenging. With 51% of Women taking time off from their business due to their symptoms. Then unnecessarily 32% of Women sell their business as the impact of their symptoms become too much to manage along with everything else.
MY MEMORY LAPSE STORY – THE BUSINESS WOMAN’S MENOPAUSE
To get through my memory lapses, procrastination and lack of concentration I named my brain Brenda! Why – so I could call upon Brenda when I needed extra reinforcements…
So I would like to introduce you to Brenda. She helps me to remember why I entered a room, where I left my phone and even the names of my own family, friends and colleagues.
SO WHAT CAUSES MEMORY LAPSES?
It is a drop in our hormone levels, that is responsible for our memory and concentration problems. Our Central Nervous System, which includes our brain, contains oestrogen receptors. The hippocampus in our complex brain structure has a major role in learning and memory.
The efficiency of the hippocampus is impacted by oestrogen levels and fluctuations. As a result, we can experience:
- short-term memory problems
- taking longer to learn new things
- difficulty in maintaining concentration levels
- struggle with planning or procrastination
In addition to oestrogen impacting our brain, stress levels can also impact the efficiency of our hippocampus. This is due to elevated levels of cortisol circulating through our central nervous system and hippocampus. Chronic stress can impair our executive functions, such as short term memory, planning, and attention.
As a consequence we have to prioritise our Brain Health. Above all, this helps us Think Clearly as we enter our PeriMenopause and Menopause transition.
MANAGE OUR MEMORY LAPSES WITH THE BUSINESS WOMAN’S COACHING BOOST
Memory Lapses can start whilst you are peri-menopausal and continue beyond menopause. The complexity of managing Memory Lapses as a Business Woman can be particularly challenging – so use The Menopause Resilience System™ solutions below to help manage your Memory Lapses.
- Food – Have a balanced meal plan including protein, healthy fats, vegetables, fruit and complex carbohydrates.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – Important for treating memory loss as they have been found to enhance memory and improve recall time, include flax seeds and cold-water fish.
- Vitamins B6 & B9 & B12 – Important for cognitive performance and focus. Deficiencies may contribute to poor memory and higher risk of dementia in menopausal women.
- Move – Exercise produces happy hormones so in build daily activities – try using my 4S’s© to stimulate blood flow to the brain.
- Sleep – A consistent sleep schedule is important for managing our stress hormones and allowing our body repair and rejuvenate.
- Water – Keep hydrated and drink at least 2 litres as your brain needs it to function efficiently and clear “brain fog”.
- Calm – We devote our energy to the world around us, including family, friends and business activities. It’s important to build in regular activities that give you time to think.
- Clarity – Create lists as the simple act of writing things down is a great memory aid, along with keeping key tasks in your diary.
- Brain Training – Learn something new; a language, a new activity or take on a business project that will take you out of your comfort zone.
Watch The Business Woman’s Coaching Boost below to help manage Memory Lapses, with the focus on Food, Movement and Self-Care so you can Be Smart, Sassy and Stronger through Menopause.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU THROUGH MENOPAUSE AS A BUSINESS WOMAN?
Introducing The Menopause Resilience Club™ with trusted knowledge and experience developed by a Business Woman specifically for Business Women going through menopause.
It’s a private professional place to meet like minded women who are going through the same challenges – it’s your personal workplace support.
The club teaches you to build a Strong Body to manage your menopause and provides a professional network to help you build a Strong Business too.
Don’t let your hormones hold you back and join my next Club Virtual Tour to learn more about The Menopause Resilience Club™ for Business Women who want to Be Smart, Sassy and Stronger through Menopause simply click HERE.