Confidence and Our Hormonal Changes
Do your confidence levels fluctuate and change daily? Managing our PeriMenopausal and Menopausal symptoms alongside leading our business can cause fluctuations in our confidence levels.
This makes our usual daily activities feel overwhelming from leading our business to routine meetings. We normally take these in our stride plus more – so why does it feel so overwhelming now!
Research has shown that over 50% of women who were asked, said that they had lost their self-confidence during their Peri|Menopausal journey. What’s even more staggering is that many are suffering in silence. With 78% of women saying that they don’t discuss it with other women.
For Women in Business, suffering with low confidence can be extremely frustrating. The impact of having low confidence, alongside the other 39 changes can be challenging, with 51% of women reporting they take time away from their business or career due to perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms.
MY CONFIDENCE STORY
I noticed my confidence levels changing on a daily basis although I never suffered with issues in confidence before. So this was particularly concerning as I was leading a team and my role had significant responsibilities.
Although my sudden lack of confidence was a cause of concern, the consequences were far more reaching. I did not connect my change in confidence along with anxiety to the menopause.
I just kept saying to myself “push through” and you will be fine! But I was not “fine” and ended up making myself ill. This then resulted in me taking time away from my role so I could understand why I felt so overwhelmed.
During my time away from the office I was diagnosed as early menopausal at the age of 41. It all started to make perfect sense when I researched the science to understand how my body was changing due to the menopause.
I understood for the first time why my confidence levels were fluctuating, along with all the other symptoms I was experiencing. So finally I realised it was not me but how “me” was responding to my menopause symptoms!
After understanding what was happening to me I could turn my unexpected early menopause into an opportunity. I created my MidLife Resilience System to get me “back to “business”. Since getting “back to business” I have been Coaching Women to understand how their body responds to their hormonal changes alongside leading their business.
WHAT IMPACTS OUR CONFIDENCE?
Anxiety, depression, and mood swings are known symptoms of our fluctuating hormones. These are part of my larger conversation as I explore those “40 Changes to Accept over 40” each week in my blog.
The consequences of all these symptoms compounded can honestly be the hardest to deal with. It is our loss of confidence and self-esteem that leads to our insecurities building inside of us. All of this can take over our life without us even realising it!
Read my blog on mood swings for more detail on how our oestrogen levels impact our brain.
HOW TO MANAGE OUR CONFIDENCE LEVELS
Using my MidLife Resilience System will help us to manage our fluctuating confidence levels as we move through our menopause.
- Food – Eat regularly, with no more than 4 hours between each meal. If blood sugar levels drop or fluctuate it can increase our stress levels. Impacting the function of our adrenal glands and endocrine system.
- Move – Daily movement will stimulate our “happy” hormones as well as stabilise our nervous system and get our other bodily systems working efficiently.
- Sleep – Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to rejuvenate and repair our body. It is important that we feel stronger as we move through our menopause.
- Calm – Reduce stress and create time for ourselves to feel more grounded.
- Clarity – Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Our brains need it to function efficiently and clear our “brain fog”. It is important that we can think clearly to help manage our confidence.
Read my blog on Anxiety and Mindset for more details.
- You – Have a hot bath, massage, facial or anything that make us feel better to boost our serotonin, oxytocin and dopamine levels.
- Others – Talk to people we trust explaining how the menopause is impacting us. Share the science explaining “it’s not you, it’s the impact of your fluctuating hormones on you”. When sharing the science with the people closest to me they started to understand what I was going through!
50% of women have said that they had lost their self-confidence during their Peri|Menopausal journey. With 78% not being able to discuss their concerns with others.
The consequences of these symptoms compounded can honestly be the hardest to deal with. It is our loss of confidence and self-esteem that leads to our insecurities building inside of us
Use my MidLife Resilience Coaching Boost below or watch the Video on my “Keep Women in Business” Channel to help manage confidence, with the focus on Food, Movement and Self-Care so you Feel Stronger.
KEEPING WOMEN IN BUSINESS…
Are you a Woman in Business who wants to manage your confidence levels before it impacts You, Your Family and Your Business?
Do you want to know more about the “40 Changes To Accept Over 40″ that happen as you transition through PeriMenopause and Menopause?
Therefore you have three choices to learn more about My Mission of Keeping Women In Business through their Hormonal Changes & Business Growth:
- Register to join my next “Manage Your Peri|Menopause to Stay In Your Business” Live Workshop and experience Group “Body & Business” Coaching with solutions from my MidLife Resilience System…
- Book a Complimentary Consultation with me including your own MidLife Resilience Assessment to complete ahead of our Coaching Session at a time that suits you…
- Or register to join The Women in Business MidLife Club with four membership options, your Club Welcome Session & MidLife Resilience Review, The Women in Business MidLife Club on a Private Intranet Site & Smart Phone App, Coaching Sessions via video to agree Coaching Plans and be part of an Inspiring Community of Women In Business…